Monday, January 5, 2009

Poll: Doujin Resolution?

Someone asking me why the quality of the scans is dropping, well partly is because I the site I usually visit is gone... (well, there is torrent option, but I kinda lazy :)),  maybe I'll upload it sometimes )

But my question is, how big the scans do you want? I think 1200px in height is enough? When the higher scans is usually in 1500px-1600px range. My screen resolution is about 1280x768 (yes, I'm using widescreen notebook) . Bigger than 1600px in height usually I must zoom out the picture, so it kinda useless for me (but I never resized the file!)

So please choose the scans resolutions...
[polldaddy poll=1248970]

3 comments:

  1. All scans are in jpg and are big files.
    Black/white scans should be save as TIF with LZW compresion or GIF (16 collors max )

    Try it. With TIF LZW you don't lose any data !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately I dont scan them myself, I just got it from the net. But thanks for the info, if I get one of them, I'll scan it that way. By the way, if you set only 16 level of grayscale, isn't the quality also dropping (jaggies?). Usually if I dont want to lose the quality, I'll use PNG, but the filesize will be increased (a lot)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truely I don't care what size you get, I prefer larger and clearer, but the fact is, I am looking for the art and the artist. I just want to say thanks.

    ReplyDelete